Newborn Photography Tips for Parents
So you're contemplating about having your new bundle of joy photographed to capture this joyous moment. I have to admit, this is one of the greatest decisions! Should this be your first baby, you will quickly learn how short this stage is. It's very hard to know the place to begin when evaluating a photographer to capture your newborn, but here are some ideas to aid you in making that critical decision.
One vital aspect is to determine what style you want. There's two distinguishing varieties of newborn photography, lifestyle and stylized. Lifestyle is aimed toward a far more laid back session where the photographer comes to you and photographs the newborn in his or her natural setting. The newborn baby is generally clothed and photographed against mom, dad and sometimes family pets. Whereas, during a stylized session, the newborn will not be clothed (genital areas are always hidden). Fabrics, baskets, and the help of mom and dad as a good prop are prominent. These sessions are done within a controlled environment where the temperature and lighting are crucial for obtaining a resting curled up baby. In a variety of images, the little one is placed in specific positions to showcase the face, hands, fingers, feet and toes. Often time hats and hairpieces are incorporated. Every single style has its own art form; it's just a matter of what fits Your style!
Take a moment and look at a variety of newborn photographer's web pages. I suggest you do a Google search for newborn photographers in your state. Does the photographer concentrate in newborn photography? What number newborn sessions are provided on their blog or website? Do as much research as you can before your newborn's delivery. A great number of photographers book up months in advance and getting on their work schedule is critical. You don't want to call after having your baby as you might not come across a photographer able to photograph your newborn within the most appropriate newborn timeframe which is during the first two weeks of life. A lot of photographers favor to photograph a new baby before they are ten days old. This doesn't give you, or the photographer, enough time to schedule the photo session. Not to mention, you wish to become familiar with the individual who is going to be touching your newborn for long hours immediately after delivery.
Once you have your set of baby photographers, begin to make phone calls. As a mother and baby photographer, I understand fees are extremely important to you as it should be; however, there are some thoughts that will be especially crucial than how much it will cost you. Here are just a few questions to ask:
1. Do you have insurance protection?
2. Do you photograph newborns in glass containers?
3. How long have you been photographing infants?
4. Exactly how many newborns do you photograph per year?
5. Is there a limit to the number of newborns you take a month?
6. What can I expect from the session?
These are only a few; yet, the main two questions needs to be posed of each and every single photographer you call up. If they're not covered by insurance, move on - PERIOD! If the newborn photographer is a reputable newborn photographer, they're going to have insurance. You would want to make sure they are insured if something happens to your newborn while in the session. This should eradicate quite a few photographers right from the start.
Should they have a variety of newborn babies presented in glass, don't even pick-up the phone to call. Why would you think about taking your brand-new baby to a photographer who would danger your child by placing her in glass that could break pressurized? Do you want to chance injuring your newborn for art's sake? I do not and will not place babies in glass containers! It's really simple, it's not worth the risk.
All the best in your search!
The Importance of Maternity Photography
Importance of Maternity and Infant Photography
Capturing you special moments while you are pregnant and during the first days of your child's life will leave you with images to be cherished for a lifetime. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should consider capturing these precious times.
- Being a unique photo subject. Professional photographers consider pregnant women as one of the most unique and beautiful shooting subjects. A sexy and well-contoured body is easy to find but a pregnant woman with that perfect glow and bloom is considered a challenge.
- Improving self-esteem. As psychologists have proven, several pregnant women feel insecure about their figure and over-all look during pregnancy. As their tummies get large and they accumulate additional weight, they generally feel uglier and unhappy. Maternity photography is just one of the alternatives to counteract these feelings and eventually improve self-esteem. This art stresses the fact that there is beauty in pregnancy. Most of the time, photography studios often provide the best grooming tips for their pregnant models or subjects.
- A way to remember memories. Pregnancy is just a once in a lifetime experience. And there's no better alternative of reminiscing this wonderful moment but with a professionally taken photograph. Your photo can be enjoyed and shared with your loved ones especially when your child eventually grows and ages.
- A way to celebrate the incoming member of the family. Bearing a child is always considered a blessing. And capturing maternity images is just one of the unique and simple ways to celebrate it. It will constantly be the reminder for parents especially the moms on the hardships as well as the happy moments felt while they are waiting for the baby to finally arrive.
- It's the most adorable image you can have on your child. An infant or a newborn child is extremely cute, adorable, and cuddly. But this adorable look will not last long because babies grow fast. Hence, you only have a couple of months to take these beautiful pictures before they eventually become playful and naughty.
- Creating a life story out of photographs. Most people are now lucky that image and video technologies are available and accessible compared from the past. Back then, only a few families particularly the wealthy ones can afford to contract the services of a photo lab, studio, or a painter who will create a portrait of the child. Today, digital cameras are now widely available and there's no longer a reason for any family not to have a complete photo of the children from infancy, teenage, to adulthood.
- Remembering baby features that you might forget over time. If you have a newborn baby, you usually notice and get fond of certain features and details about him or her. Some examples include a dimple, cute tiny toes, lips, eyelashes, cute nose and eyes, etc. Infant photography is not only limited to a whole infant perspective, it can also be used to capture and remember these tiny details of your baby even as years pass by. An expert photographer will usually have plenty of ideas on how to perfectly showcase these cute details in the resulting images.
As you can see, there are numerous reasons that you should consider getting portraits taken during this wonderful and exciting time.
Family Photographer - Finding the Perfect Lifelong Print
Many people probably remember their favorite family photographer when they either went to their studio to get family pictures taken or that particular photographer came to their home. You may remember the days of sitting in those uncomfortable positions and positioning your head in ways that may have seemed unnatural. Then came the part of the photograph session where, regardless of how you were feeling at the time, the photographer would say something like 'smile' or 'say cheese'.
Even though these times may have seemed boring and completely uncalled for, each time you walk down your hall or visit your parents home you'll see these pictures and remember exactly what you were doing and what you were thinking when those pictures were taken. This is extremely powerful because each and every moment that was captured, whether it was on the holidays or just a family get-together, these photographs can be remembered for a lifetime always bringing you back to that special moment in time when you and your family were altogether as one.
What you'll find today is that some people have decided that there is no specific need for a family photographer therefore they have taken to picture taking on their own. Many people have gone out and bought cameras to take family pictures and have experienced something very unique. Some have found it is very hard to take family pictures and include everyone when the person taking the picture needs to be in the picture as well. So they need to go out and buy a more expensive camera that has the delay which will allow them to take a picture with everyone included.
What people initially find is that there is much more to a family photographer than meets the eye and unless they want to spend hours, days, or months only learning how to use their camera properly, they'll be better off allowing their photographer to handle all of their photography needs. If you miss the good old days of going out for a photo shoot with the family there is a way to select a professional family photographer that will meet all of your photography needs year round. If it is extremely important for you to capture family moments that are precious, simplistic, and eventful, you'll want to select a person that works well with you and your family.
Professional photographers understand what it takes to get quality original photographs of you and your family that will last for a lifetime. If you're not working with a professional family photographer then chances are you'll be missing out on all the benefits that are included in the type of packages they provide for you. So if you want to get started this will mean choosing and booking the services of a professional photographer that can work with adults and children alike. Experience is key because this will ensure that all the pictures that will be taken will be exactly what you want and how you want them.
Key points in choosing a family photographer include:
How long have they practiced family photography
This is important because you'll always want to know that the person you are hiring has done this type of work in the past and they have some type of portfolio you can look through enabling you to feel comfortable with their services.
Are they a part of any type of accredited Association
Many people aren't aware that it is important to choose your photographer based on their professionalism and this includes being a part of an association that's accredited, holding them to a higher level of service. This will ensure that you are truly working with a professional that is focused on ongoing education in the field of profession in which they are practicing.
What type of services they provide
The type of service they provide will determine whether or not you can use them for your family photographs. There services may only include studio visits, or home visits, or both. This will be very important to know especially if you like your family photographs taken at home in a more comfortable and relaxing setting.
There are other important areas that you'll probably want to discuss such as cost and the type of equipment they use. These areas of concern can be talked about at an initial meeting or over a phone call. A family photographer plays an important part in capturing extremely important moments in time so your family, children, and your children's children can enjoy these memories for a lifetime.